Hello All You Kick-Ass-and-Take-the-Bull-by-the-Horns Creatives!
I am happy to announce we now have a calendar of webinar events scheduled from February to July 2017! Registration links are currently available for February and March.
YAAAY! (My son and I sharing our jubilation.)
Below you will find February’s webinar highlighted and open for registration. This LIVE webinar event will be offered twice in the month. Make sure you select the day and time that’s best for you!
Register now for our LIVE webinar event!
Attachment Theory and Creative Arts Therapies: An Introduction to the Intersections
Promotional Video: https://youtu.be/4-OArVCkYsQ
Applicable for self-help and mental health professionals.
(1.5 continuing education contact hours for LCATs in New York State.)
This webinar is FREE and open to the public.*
*If you are a LCAT interested in continuing education contact hours, after the webinar, you may pay a fee of $35, and complete a course evaluation and learning assessment. Upon completing the course evaluation and learning assessment, a certificate will automatically be generated and emailed to you. More detailed instructions will be available on the webinar.
In this webinar we will explore 5 subject areas:
- The origins of attachment theory, in the context of early childhood development.
- How our early childhood experiences evolve into “internal working models.”
- The impact of specific parenting styles on a child’s resultant attachment style.
- How attachment styles create a love map for our relationships in adulthood.
- Five key intersections between attachment theory and art therapy.
We will then explore two mindfulness-based approaches to creative arts therapy interventions, for working with attachment issues, in adulthood.
Participants of this event will be able to identify the following on a multiple choice quiz and learning assessment, which will be part of the course evaluation:
- Identify the definition of “attachment,” as it is understood in psychodynamic context.
- Identify the definitions of secure, insecure, and disorganized attachment.
- Identify two out of five key intersections between attachment theory and creative arts therapies.
This will be a live event, open to questions, comments and discussion with participants.
Hope to see you there!
Briana MacWilliam ATR-BC, LCAT
Licensed and Board Certified Creative Arts Therapist
Author, Educator and Reiki Practitioner